Friday, February 22, 2013

Sunday. February 17/2013

I am up early this morning and as usual, it is a bit chilly outside.  Hogan and I had a short walk in the empty acres outside to fence so that he could "check out" the area for any suspicious night time activity.  Man, his nose works overtime and follows all kinds of scents.  I am sure he can smell a javalina a mile away!!  Actually I think he just wants to check out what "goodies" Ray has thrown to the pigs!!
We are supposed to be heading to Box Canyon today to take Hogan for a run.  He loved it the last time Kay and I took him there to frolic in the water.  Hopefully there is still some for him to run in.  We invited John to join us too so maybe he will come this time.  I must remember to take the camera today.
We needed a few groceries today so I headed into town to stock up on supplies.  I hit Ace Hardware first looking for that little end for Ray's dremel tool so that I could finish taking that hideous green paint off the last two legs but neither they nor Stewart's Hardware had the tip so Ray said he will stop at Home Depot for me when he goes into Surprise next week.  Eventually, the darn legs will get done.
When I got home, Kay and I prepared to head up to Box Canyon with Hogan.  John decided to come along as well.  With Hogan loaded into the side by side, we set off.
Being Sunday, it was busy in the canyon.  There were lots of quads, side by sides, jeeps, sand rails, dogs, horses and trucks of every size and shape.  We did manage to find a bit of sunshine to stop in and enough water for Hogan to play in.  He chased the ball everytime it was thrown.  Eventually, I got tired but there was a 13 year old boy named Matt that came over and asked if he could throw the ball for Hogan and the two of them played for 2 hours.  Hogan was certainly tired at the end of the day.  I did get some awesome pics of him in the canyon and we now have lots of good memories of his time spent in Box Canyon.
When we arrived back at the park, we stopped at Mitch's to grab more wood for tonight's fire.  We had found a huge "king" log in the wash and strapped it on the quad to use tonight as well.  It wasn't too long before the fire was raging and the heat coming off it was awesome.
I threw a lasagna into the oven and 90 minutes later it was ready to eat.  That and garlic toast is what was served and it tasted great.
A bubble bath and bed where the next on the agenda and I was able to catch up on a few of my Sunday night TV shows before actually closing my eyes.   All in all, another great day with memories being made of Hogan in the Canyon and sharing good times with friends.  Life is Good.

Our Handsome Hogan

Box Canyon



The meandering Hassayampa River through Box Canyon

Salt Cedars along the Canyon

Saguaro on the cliffs of the Canyon









Hogan and John enjoying the day in Box Canyon



One of the many self planted palm trees


John, shooting Kay's 22 pistol

Hawk sitting on pole

No comments:

Post a Comment