Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tuesday, February 12/2013

Since there was frost on the ground last night when I headed into the trailer for my bath, I was not surprised to see a heavy frost on the ground this morning.  Everything was covered with a white glistening blanket.  Once the sun rises, it won't take long before the sparkle will be gone.
There was one javalina out and about this morning so I wandered out and threw him some snacks.  Hogan felt compelled to do his growling thing but since it was one of the regulars (not Scarface though) it was not too worried about all the posturing going on, on this side of the fence.  He perked up his ears as soon as he heard my voice and came right over.
Kay and I are supposed to be heading into Surprise today so I had better get the supper dishes done before I leave.
With the dishes done, I was soon ready to head off for a day of shopping with Kay.  I guess one could say "we did up the town" as it was 5:30 in the evening before we rolled back home.  We had a blast and got almost everything we set out to get.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find the bed frames but I really am not too worried about that as Amazon.com has them for less than $40.00.  I guess John had better get busy and order them since the last mattress is supposed to be here on Monday.
We spent the evening quietly again as it is just too damn chilly to be outside.  It is supposed to freeze again tonight and by the feel of things, I am sure that it will.  Oh well, I won't complain as it is supposed to be back into the 70s again on Friday so, that will be great.  I will be able to get those legs stripped of all that ugly green enamel paint and the perhaps John will get the coffee table done.   It could happen!!
I brought KFC home for John's supper and he totally enjoyed it.  Man, we love their hot wings and I am still bummed that there is no longer a KFC her in Wickenburg.  Apparently, the owner was not much of a business man and ended up closing his doors.  Damn his sorry ass!!
It was soon time for my nightly trek to the bathtub in the trailer but tonight I had some adventure.  The porch that is at the back door has always been a bit "iffy" and definitely needs to be replaced but, after tonight...most definitely needs repairs.  While heading into the trailer, I stepped on a soft spot and all but put my foot through the board!!  Crack!!  OH OH!!  Nothing good can come from a sound like that!!
I will have to remember on my way back not to step in the same spot.  I would hate for my foot to go completely through because who knows what manner or huge, ugly poisonous creature lies in wait of some unsuspecting soul.  OMG, I would scream till I was dead!!  Do you suppose John would hear me and come running to my rescue?     Hmmmmm........good question!!
I did make it back to the bus without injury and was soon cuddled in with Hogan.  I will find out the results of his needle biopsy tomorrow so will go to sleep with a little prayer floating around the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment