Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thursday, February 7/2013

I am up early again this morning and the sun is shining (sorry Kimmy).  The birds are singing and all seems right with the world.
Hogan is busy outside making sure that his kingdom has survived the night.  He is busy sniffing the yard,  ensuring there have been no wayward raccoons wandering around trying to get into the shed and eat the javelina food.  I left the shed door open the other night and the little rascals were in there again dining on the dogfood.  They must check to see if that door is open every night!!
I decided to start taking the paint off the little table I got from the abandoned trailer earlier this year so that John could decide how he is going to use it as the legs for the coffee table he is making for the trailer.  The two leafs are ready for the legs.  They have been sanded, stained and have several coats of varathane on them so now all they need are a set of legs and it will be done.  The top looks awesome and will compliment the decor very well.
I used my little electric palm sander and realized that the enamel paint that someone was so generous with was going to be a bugger to get off the wood.  After several pieces of very rough sandpaper, the paint finally came off but I realized that there was no way that I was going to be able to sand the legs.  There are just too many curves and rounded bevels on them.  I guess I will have to try paint stripper and just hope for the best.
It was soon time to feed the birds and get the javalina snacks ready.  Kay and I spent the next few hours outside in our chairs waiting and watching.
Mitch came over along with his friend Rory and had a few beers.  We were also joined by both John and Ray tonight.  Usually, it is just Kay and I but tonight.....we had a nature viewing party!!
It was soon time for supper, and since the sun had now gone down, it was chilly out.
We spent a quiet evening (after I did the supper dishes) and I once again, enjoyed a leisurely bubble bath.  Then, it was time for Hogan and I to hit the sheets and watch the Food Network before actually turning the lights out!!  All in all, another good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment