Friday, February 22, 2013

Monday, February 18/2013

As usual, Hogan and I are up early.  The sun is shining and it looks like it will be a good weather day.  The birds are rather vocal this morning and I imagine they are letting me know that I failed to throw out their seeds yesterday afternoon.  I don't think they care that I was at Box Canyon with the dog!!
I chilled in the bus most of the morning and was able to finally watch the movie "War Horse".  I had read the book and could not understand how the director was going to manage to portray the horse as the book was written from the horse's perspective.  It was a good movie but definitely fell way short of the book as movies often do.
I called the veterinary hospital today and found out that Hogan is scheduled for removal of his neck tumour on Wednesday.  He is to be there before 10:00 a.m..   Dr. Oplinger wants to get this thing removed as soon as possible so..... Wednesday it is.
Wednesday is also the day that Kay and I have decided to get busy on painting another of the buildings that require attention.  The fellow that gives Ray and Kay all this work owns several properties here in Wickenburg.  So, I will drop Hogan off at the vet then head over to the house that needs painting and hopefully, we can get a lot of it done.
It is also suppose to be cold tomorrow as well.  Apparently there is a another cold front coming in that is supposed to bring snow.  The weather man is predicting snow at elevations of 3000 feet and since Wickenburg is lower than that, we may just miss that bit of nonsense.  It will be at least 20 degrees lower in temperature though so we will have gone from the mid 70s to the mid 50s.  Man, what a difference a day makes!!  At this rate of change, I am sure that there will be some colds and flu going around in the next few days.
I text Kay to see what she was up to and she told me that her and Ray were at The Pottery Barn exchanging their cracked chiminea.  Kay and I had stopped there on the way into Surprise last week and I had managed to get a 75% return on the damaged one so now they were there getting a new one.  Kay has also decided to get a rather colourful metal sun with three Kokopelles on it.  It has a 3-D quality to it and will look awesome on the side of their garage.  It faces into our yard so I will get lots of gazing beauty from it.
Once again, there is trouble with the sewer/septic tank system here in the park.  Thankfully, it does not involve the tank our trailer drains into.  It is the same one that gave Ray grief a few weeks ago.  Kay says she has sewage backed up into her bathtub.  OH DEAR!!  Ray has already got several complaints from some of the residents of sewage back up.  He has a call into the plumber and is hoping that a sewer snake is all that is required to get the system back into gear.  Hopefully he is right.
When Ray and Kay arrived back at the park, her and I walked up to Mitch's to  see his new kitchen flooring.  All weekend long the installer has been busy and is now finished so it is time for our inspection.  Since we were headed that way, I took a load of laundry with me.
The new tile floor looks awesome and I think Mitch will be pleased with the results.  It will sure be nice and cool on the feet when the summertime temperatures reach 120 degrees!!
Back at the bus, it was time to feed the birds and the javelina.  It didn't take too long before the pigs arrived.  The babies came by (not the newest ones) and they are quite entertaining.  Despite their small size, they do have attitude.  One little guy (must have been a boy cause a girl would not be that rude!!) challenged a much bigger pig over a morsel of dog food.  It may take the little guy 10 minutes to chew it but no one was going to take it away from him!!
While we were sitting watching the birds and the pigs, I turned around and saw Turbo (Ray and Kay's cat) carrying something across the driveway towards their house.  He hauls all sorts of creatures into their home (mice, birds, bunnies, lizards, etc).  I quickly asked "what does Turbo have in his mouth?" and Ray looked around and said "Oh, it's a quail".  He then had to quickly beat Turbo to the door to prevent him from taking the bird inside.  Turbo almost beat him to the cat door!!
With the sun sinking into the western sky, the temperature dropped and It was time to head inside for supper.  I have had a stew in the slow cooker.  I used the prairie chickens that Gary gave us before we left home and it smells delicious.  Mmmm, I know it is going to taste awesome.
We ate supper while watching the Scotties Tournament of Hearts on TV.  Tonight's curling game featured Saskatchewan and they were handed their first loss tonight which totally sucked for them,  They were 4 and 0 before heading into this game so now are 4 and 1.  Oh well, hopefully this is their last loss.
We spent a quiet evening tonight watching TV and just relaxing.  Life is good.

Tired little pigs

The "baby" babies - so small

Staying right beside Mom

Just too tired to stand and eat!!
Close up of Kay's sun

Looks awesome of our side of their garage.

It catches the sun and shines like crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment