Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thursday, December 29/2011

It looks like it is going to be another hot day today.  The sun is shining and the door is open.  Again today, there is no need for the heater to be on.
I went into town again today to pick up some packages at the UPS store, stopped and picked up another printer cartridge as we have gone through the one by printing so many Yahtzee score cards, did some running for John to Napa then a quick stop at the grocery store and I was home sweet home.  On the way into town I noticed four more campers had moved into the area and being a long weekend, am not really surprised.
On the way home, the rather elusive roadrunner ran across the highway in front of me and I am always thrilled to see them.  A rather unique bird that does not fly - he runs.  I almost expected Wile E. Coyote to be following him!!  Beep Beep!!
John was busy hooking up the batteries to the solar panels and says that we just may be running on all three panels by by tomorrow.  Now won't that be interesting.  We will not have to us the generator so much.
He needs a few more parts and I will pick those up in town tomorrow as I have to go back to the UPS store as they gave me someone else's package (like I would be checking the label!!).
Happy hour arrived and John and I set up our chairs "in the back yard" and simply enjoyed the warmth of the sun and the view of our very own Saguaro Forest and the hills.  It really is quite a site.
Keith wandered over for a while and we enjoyed chatting with him (as we always do).  Charlotte was busy reading so did not join us. I was almost a little jealous as I too am involved in a very good mystery - one that is hard to put down.  Together the three of us watched the sun set then went in and watched a bit of Junior Hockey.  It really is good hockey.
Feeling the need for a little grease (after all that turkey), I made french fries for supper with some fish and finally got my grease "fix"!!
I took my book to bed and called it a night.  I have a murderer to catch before I sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment