Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tuesday, January 10/2012

The sun is up and the birds are singing.  There are a few wispy clouds in the sky but it looks like it will be another nice day.
After getting this blog done and cruising Facebook to catch up on all the news from back home, I got dressed and Hogan and I once again walked up the hill.  Although I wasn't suffering as much as yesterday, clearly, I am totally out of shape and so need to work on that!!  I am sure that tomorrow's jaunt up the hill will be much better!!
I did manage to get some good pictures from the hill of our new campsite though so the walk was definitely  worth it.
I needed a few groceries today so Hogan and I headed into town to do a bit of shopping.  It was an uneventful trip and since all the stuff that John ordered was not in at the UPS store, I will have to probably come back in tomorrow.  It is a good thing that it is only about 5 miles into town and the trip is rather scenic.  Maybe I will see Mr. Roadrunner again!!
Off on my walk

Heading up hill

View of our new site


Vulture Peak

Coming back down

Once back from town, John was no where to be found and the quad was gone.  I heard him coming down the road a few minutes later and when he arrived at camp, he said he was out getting wood for the campfire.  He was hauling a log down the road and the tow rope broke so he came back to camp hoping that I had returned,  as the stronger tow rope was in the jeep.  What a busy little beaver he was while I was gone.  We got into the jeep and went to get the tree - which was laying in the middle of the road and a bit of an obstacle for traffic.  We loaded it in to the jeep and eventually got it back to camp.
Once the groceries were put away, I sat in the chair and enjoyed what was left of the sun.  John was busy putting the wheel locks on the jeep so that there could be no unauthorized removal of the tires!!
It was soon time to sit and enjoy the sunset.  Keith came down for a quick visit while Charlotte was cooking supper.  Once the sun set, the chill was in the air and it was time for a final game of yahtzee before someone started supper.
Shish kabobs and rice were on the menu tonight and I must say, it was rather tasty - if I do say so myself.
Now if I only had a kitchen fairly to do the dishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment