Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunday, January 22/2012

Well the sun is shining this morning and there is no wind which is nice!!   It was so windy yesterday that it was virtually impossible to enjoy the great outdoors.  Even the birds stopped coming around as the day progressed.
I went out and filled the bird feeder and the finches were sitting in the tree waiting for me to do just that.  They have been busy this morning, perhaps making up for yesterday!!
There were two hummingbirds flitting around out there today, each, being rather aggressive with one another and doing their high pitched little chirpy thing.  I went over to their feeder and was twisting the top down on it when one of the little things decided he was going to drink from it while both my hands were on it.  He was absolutely gorgeous with his purple colouring (a Costas hummingbird) and I was treated to a close encounter for about 45 seconds - absolutely incredible little birds.  He really had no issues being this close to me.
I chatted with Bayne this morning back home and he told me that he had been in a motor vehicle accident - a semi hit him and was feeling rather sore.  Apparently the semi wanted more of the road that what is considered necessary and with the icy conditions was unable to avoid a collision.  Thank heavens Bayne was able to steer towards the ditch and was only hit by the trailer and not head on.  It could have been so much worse.  The car is totalled but at least he is alive.
I took a quick trip into Wickenburg today for a few groceries and picked up a couple more "fire" jackets.  Keith had gone into town on Saturday and found some cheap ones ($10.00) and was boasting about it around the fire Saturday night and mentioned that there were a couple more still on the rack so I went in today and bought them.  They look like they will wash like rags and I thought they would even be great for the quad back home.
Once back at the bus, John was busy watching football as today is the day that the NFL has both their conference finals to see who plays in the Superbowl.  Keith and Charlotte wandered over to enjoy the second and final game and we have finally decided on pizza for our Superbowl party.  I may get energetic and make some Japanese Chicken wings too.  I will have to see if I can actually find any chicken wings at Safeway as I can't remember if I have ever seen any.
I had roasted a chicken on the bbq during the second game so that is what we had for supper and man, was it good.  Moist and tender and the dressing and gravy were awesome too.


Earlier, during the game, Keith noticed that there was a nice sunset over Vulture Peak and I managed to get a few pics of it so I hope they turned out and can be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment