Saturday, January 14, 2012

Friday, January 13/2012

Just wrote the date for this blog and noted it was Friday, the 13th.  Oh Oh!!  Could mean trouble!!
John is still experiencing a lot of back discomfort so I loaded him up with more Advil, rubbed my snake oil on the offending muscle and left him to sleep.
I will skip into town and do some laundry, stop at the UPS store and come back and spend a quiet relaxing day here at camp.
The sun is shining like crazy this morning so it should be a lovely day to catch up on my tanning.  It is so cold back in Saskatchewan that I should almost feel a bit guilty about enjoying this weather!!  Let me think about that --- NOT!!
while in town, I stopped and did a load of laundry and now that I am back in camp can just relax and enjoy the rest of the day.
John is still pretty sore but is managing to get up and move around at least.  Somehow, his back has managed to get him off his rhythm in Yahtzee and I managed to get in a win today so I am asking myself if I truly feel bad that his back is wounded!!
We sat out and watched the sun go down then headed into the bus.  John had tinkered with the switches for the wiring of the solar panels so was quite interested in the monitor tonight to see what all the numbers were telling him.  It will be interesting tomorrow to see just how the sun charges the batteries and I am sure he will be watching the monitor closely.
We finished off the last of Kim's Mom's homemade moose sausage for supper and it was as good as ever. Couples with fresh cabbage and potatoes, it was a feast for a king and queen!!  Hogan's nose was working overtime but he did not get to partake!!  I am definitely not sharing the last of the moose sausage with him!!
Charlotte and Keith wandered over for a quick visit to check on John and his back and to ask if we were still planning on going on a 4x4 trip tomorrow.  They suspected that it would be cancelled because of John's back and were not surprised when we said it would have to be postponed.  No point in aggravating it any more than it already is by bouncing down a rough trail.  There is plenty of time left to  see what remains of the old mining town of Constellation.
We were both in bed early, John lying down resting his back watching TV and me reading my Kindle.  I have another murder to solve before I can sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment