Saturday, January 28, 2012

Friday, January 27/2012

I was up early, the sun was just coming up and Hogan for some reason was curled up in John's chair sleeping away.  I have found him there once before and now wonder just what the appeal of this chair holds for him.  I always associate John's chair with Jace's dog Coors as this chair was the one he always slept in when we were looking after him last year.   Oh well, no harm in him choosing what ever chair he wants to sleep in.
The birds are busy and I hear a few different songs out there this morning so now I need to get the binoculars out and try to find the source.
There is a bit of cloud coverage today so I am hoping that it will clear and that I will be able to get in a bit of tanning.  I have nothing planned for today other than Hogan's and my hike up the hill.
It remained cloudy all day today but with no wind, it was warm enough to sit outside and at least enjoy the view.
We are supposed to be going quadding with a few friends on Saturday so I spent part of today cleaning out the quad box and getting it all packed and ready so that if we do go, all that needs to be done is to put in a few refreshments and the camera.  I will be ready to go when the time comes which, just may be a first for me!!
When John backed the quad out of the trailer for me to pack, he somehow managed to run over the "campfire in a can".  I am not sure how he managed that but he said "It doesn't look good".  I imagined all sorts of ugly scenarios and had said that we needed new logs in it anyway so we may have to buy a new one.  By the time I got into the trailer to view the destruction, he had already bent it back into shape!!  It really did not look any different to me at all so I guess we are going to have to look at the ugly old logs for a while yet!!
John cooked some awesome ribs on the bbq and I cooked some totally shitty rice!!  It was gummy and all because I can not read the directions properly.  I was a little pissed off about that!!  Good thing the ribs were awesome cause it kind of made up for the rice - not really, but I pretended it did.
I heard the coyote yapping tonight and although we did not see him, he was close.  John had "his little friend" ready just in case he ventured too close.











There was another wonderful sunset tonight and I hope I managed to get a few good pics.  It was a very pleasing end to another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment