Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday, January 18/2011

The sun is shining here again today and I see that it is still deadly cold back home (-47C).  That is crazy cold but unfortunately, that is called "winter in Saskatchewan".
I chatted with Casey today and he managed to get his vehicle home with the help of a screw driver - that can not be good!!  Apparently used a screw driver to release whatever was not letting the little button on the shifter go down so that he could change gears.  Today, he is looking for a new battery as his car is dead.  I think any vehicle left out in -47C weather will have difficulty starting if it is not in optimum running shape.  He says the battery will not hold a charge so is on a quest to get a new one.  Hopefully, that is what the issue is and it is an easy fix.
John finished doing all the angles for tilting the solar panels so now they are all tilted at the proper angles to capture the full effects of the sun.  Man, I should have enough power to get to the moon!!
I sat suntanning and reading most of the day although I had to make a quick trip into town for some supplies that John needed.  When I got back, I continued my suntanning.
I spoke with my sister Jan today and she says it is even too cold to go out into the garage for a smoke so that tells me it must be REAL cold!!  She is busy with a house full of flu.  Everyone is throwing up and she is the only one still standing - good Ukrainian constitution!!  Both grand kids, her daughter and her husband are sick.  Gosh, I feel sorry for her.
Keith and Charlotte wandered over and we sat and chatted around the campfire for a while tonight. It was good to see them as we have not really seen them for about 3 days or so.  It is nice to camp with someone and not have to always be together.  Space is good!!  I invited them over for the proverbial corned beef and cabbage on Friday so that will be fun and I so hope that Charlotte will enjoy the beef - I know Keith will!!  He loves to eat!!
Hogan was busy out at the perimeter of the light tonight.  I imagine he was irritating the chipmunks and mice - keeping us safe from harm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment