Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tuesday, January 24/2012

New batteries - New compartment

790 AH

Charge controller

Panels tilted



Old charge controller moved to trailer

Two new plug ins



Spuds cooking

New moon

Yard lights
It rained off and on throughout the night and it was windy as well.  I thought that today might be another dreary day but when I got up, the sun was shining and although there still a bit of wind, it looks like it may turn out to be a decent day after all.  There is lots of clouds but hopefully they too will move on out.
After being inside for a few days, it was time to get out and "do" something so I decided to finish the landscaping around camp.  I hauled enough rocks today to make a stone house but instead used them to encircle the various shrubbery and cactus around our camp.  When I had finished, it looked much better.
throughout my rock picking today, I was careful to examine the bottom of each rock to make sure there were no unwanted "passengers".  I did manage to see some sort of multi legged  centipede - he was not impressed with my invasion of his space and I also saw what I think was a very small scorpion.  He was so quick and darted into a hole in the ground so I did not get a real good look at him but, he sure had a curled up tail like a scorpion.  So much adventure, picking rocks!!
It was soon Happy Hour and time to sit "in the yard".  I spread some bird seed out in the area where we were sitting and we enjoyed the silly antics of the birds while we enjoyed the sunset.
We moved into the trailer when the sun went down as it is just too chilly to sit outside comfortably without a fire so instead,  we sat around "campfire in a can" and John cooked our potatoes.  Strangely, this little fireplace cooks the spuds quite well.  Coupled with fresh spinach and a lamb chop for me and a pork chop for John, supper was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment