Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday, January 8/2012

It was windy throughout the night and continues this morning.  Although the sun is up, there is a bit of a chill in the air.  I do not think that I will be doing any of my craft painting outside today.
I was wondering yesterday, with our move, just how long it would take the little birds to find the feeder again and I really should not have worried.  They were as busy as ever at the feeder when I got up and I am now sitting here, enjoying my coffee and their entertaining ways.  I really must get the hummingbird feeder up as well.
I walked over to the old campsite and managed to get the strings of soft white lights off the mesquite tree with only a few battle wounds!!  I now have to decide which tree to put them on here at the new site.  I have a choice of three and luckily, they are Palo Verde trees and although armed, are a bit more friendly!!
I got the hummingbird feeder up again and it was only about 5 minutes before the little hummer was there and enjoying the syrup.  There are no bees around today and I suspect that it may be due to the wind.
It remained windy most of the day and it was quite a hardship to just relax and enjoy my book.
Oh, and by the way - I won BOTH games of Yahtzee today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment