Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday, December 28/2011

Oh my God, the sun was up again today before I actually got out of bed!!  Oh dear, what is happening to me!!.
I had planned on doing a bit of laundry today but first, I wanted to drive to the trail head of the Vulture Peak , as I had seen a few dead cholla stems and wanted to harvest them.   Keith and Charlotte have this awesome solar powered cholla night light that I am drooling over and I am determined to have one for when I go home.  It would be awesome in the yard in Leoville.
I got the laundry ready then Hogan and I climbed into the jeep, and headed to the trail head.  We found the dead cholla and I proceeded to commence my harvesting.
There was an older model truck parked in the vicinity and of course Hogan had to go check out the "situation".  Because I don't know if it is illegal, to harvest the dead desert vegetation, I was hoping to get the cholla and get the hell out of there but Hogan had to go over and irritate the owner of the truck!!  I was busy with the cholla and I heard "Hey, what is with the dog?"  I said "what"?  Not to worry, he is friendly"!!  So much for being incognito!!
I chatted with the gentleman for a while - another Ben - living in his truck!!  He thought that I needed some  sort of permit to harvest he cholla but when I asked him if he would "turn me in" he laughed and said "No".
Hogan and I headed back to camp and once there, unloaded our "booty" then headed into town to do the laundry.
With the laundry done and a quick stop at the grocery store, I headed home.
It was hot today and I had to to get into my shorts and start  my actual suntanning, so I look bronze when I get back to Saskatchewan.  John was busy with the batteries and although I had to help him at times, I managed to catch a few rays!!
Soon, it was happy hour and time to enjoy the scenery.  I don't think one gets tired of seeing the saguaro.
There was another Junior hockey game tonight so we had to cheer our little Canadians on again and they won against the Czech Republic rather handily.  It was a good game despite the lopsided score.
Grilled cheese sandwiches for supper (getting a bit tired of turkey) and off to bed to do some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment