Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday, January 6/2012

Once again, Hogan and I are up early and it looks like it is going to be another wonderful day.  Not a cloud in the sky and the birds are busy at the feeder.
As the day warmed up, the honey bees once again came out in full force so I put the birdseed feeder away and got out the soapy water and started "war".  Eventually, I had to admit defeat although their numbers were less!!  I will put the feeder out again about 3:30 or so as the bees tend to be heading "home" by then.
I got some crafts out today and actually started to work on them.  It is about time I think!!  Dena at the Rancher Bar has only one hand held fan left so I found a couple of wooden ones at Michaels Craft Store and am now painting them so that the next time I go into town I can drop them off to her.  Then, when I am sitting having a cocktail and happen to experience a "moment", I will have a fan handy to cool down with!!
When I was at the birthday party yesterday, and had one of my infamous "moments", Tommy simply turned the big room fans on for me so that made my stay much more comfortable and I didn't care that everyone else had to put their sweaters on!!  Again, the beauty of Small Town Wickenburg!!
John scooted into Wickenburg today to pick up a few packages from the UPS store and when he got back, we wandered over to the new campsite (about 100 feet away) and started "landscaping" around the Saguaro cactus and the trees.  John had decided where to park the bus so that he gets optimal sunshine on the solar panels.
Happy Hour arrived before he got too crazy with the landscaping (thank you Lord) and we sat and watched the sun go down then headed in to the bus.  It still cools off a lot when there is no sunshine so unless you are sitting around a campfire, or in your sweats and a sweater, it is too chilly to just sit outside.  BBq pork chops for supper - Mmmmm - then we spent the evening watching TV and reading.  Oh yea - and getting my arse kicked in another game of yahtzee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment