Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday, January 15/2012

Finches


Doves
I can not believe that January is already half over!!  It seems like only yesterday that I was wishing everyone a happy new year.  Now the month is half over and I can't help but notice that time is once again flying by.  It is funny that as we get older, time seems to go by much quicker.  I remember as a little girl, getting out of school for the summer and is seemed that the summer lasted "forever"!!  Now, we blink and we wonder just where all the time went.
It was dark when I got out of bed this morning.  The sun was not scheduled to rise for at least another hour so I did have to turn the lights on.  By the time I checked out Facebook and all the emails, the sun was up and the birds were busy at the feeder. Since the mourning doves can't get to the feeder, I usually spread some seeds on the ground for them as well.
There is a lot of cloud coverage today, so I am wondering just how much sun the solar panels will catch.  It will be interesting to see and who knows, maybe this early morning cloud coverage will dissipate and I will be able to work on my tan!!
As it turned out, it remained cloudy and rather dismal all day.  It even tried to rain a few times.  It was a good day for cleaning out the desk and getting all the receipts in order so that is exactly what I did.  It was so lousy out that even Hogan was quite content to relax inside and wile away the day.  I did manage to kick some arse in Yahtzee today though!!
The panels really did not get any sun so I guess we will hope for that tomorrow.
John watched football, as it is getting down to the last few weeks before Super Bowl so all the games are important now.
Supper was a simple affair, I fried some chicken and made a salad and John had a hankering for macaroni and tomatoes so that is what he got.  Not very inventive or all that healthy but what the heck, might as well fall off the healthy eating wagon every once in a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment