Sunday, January 15, 2012

Saturday, January 14/2012

Another awesome sunset




And fire



Time to eat
The sun was streaming into the bus this morning when I woke up and as I looked out the windows to see the birds at the feeder and eating the seeds off the ground, I saw a cute little chipmunk eating the seeds in amongst all the birds!!  Charlotte has had two little chipmunks cleaning up all the seeds on the ground at her campsite and I have yet to see one here.  Hogan tends to keep all these dangerous creatures away from our camp!!  John mentioned the other day that they probably come around here too but I had yet to see one.  I was thrilled today to see this cute little thing here!!
Hogan and I hiked up the hill again today and I must say that doing it in your flip flops is probably not the wisest thing to do!!  I had to stop several times to get little stones out from under my feet.  Perhaps tomorrow I will take the time to put my hikers on!!  I managed to get up the hill with only one rest stop today so I am getting better.   Soon I will be able to do it without stopping!!
Being the weekend, it was time to do a bit of house cleaning.  I really am going to have to find a different maid as the one I currently use is really not working out (has a back injury now!!)!!  I guess if you want something done properly, then you have to do it yourself.
John managed to climb onto the roof of the bus today and get the last solar panel hooked up and working and now we have all three panels providing power.  He has finished all the wiring including the inside monitor and now can see exactly how much power we have, how much we are using and how much we have stored.  Hell, that damn thing can probably tell you what colour panties you have on!!!
It was cloudy off and on today and despite this fact, the panels were working well.  Hopefully tomorrow we get a full day of sun and we will see if we actually get a full charge into the batteries.
Trueman and Cowboy stopped by for a visit.  We have not chatted with him since Hogan knocked over his gold pan and a lot of the gold went flying!!  Luckily he was able to recover most of it.  He stayed for a few hours and we caught up on all his news.  Hogan and Cowboy were busy at one of the bushes digging around like crazy putting fear into whatever creature they were after.  I suspect it was a little chipmunk but Trueman said that Cowboy got bit by a snake doing the same thing!!  As soon as Trueman yelled "snake" to Cowboy, he immediately quit digging and came and sat beside him.  I guess he remembered the rather unpleasant experience and did not want a repeat performance.
Keith and Charlotte had gone into Surprise to do some shopping and returned with some corned beef for me.  I have been trying to find it here in Wickenburg and am having a hell of a time doing so.  they were in at Sam's Club and found some so bought it for me.  Charlotte has never really tasted it other than in "hash" so it was a good excuse for inviting them for supper when I cook it.  Mmmm.... corned beef and cabbage done in the slow cooker.  Life is good!!
There was a wonderful sunset tonight and I hope I was able to capture the colours.  It was quite red tonight and was wonderful to see.  Unfortunately, they don't last too long so you have to be quick with the camera.
John got a campfire going and we sat around it for several hours tonight.  It was a very pleasant night as far as weather goes with really no "chill" in the air at all.  Hogan was busy patrolling the perimeter on the campsite and keeping all undesirables out of the area.
John cooked our usual Saturday night supper (steak and baked potatoes) and it was delicious as always.  Bed soon followed and our Saturday was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment