Friday, January 13, 2012

Wednesday, January 11/2012

Hey, can you get this out of my face!  If one does not want Cholla  thorns
in one's face, then perhaps one should keep his face out of the prickles!!
It is cloudy this morning and it sure does not look like the sun wants to come out and play.  I won't complain though because it looks like the "real" winter has returned to the folks back home in Saskatchewan.  It is COLD and miserable and I am so glad that I am here sitting in the cloudy weather!!  At least it is not cold and there is no snow in the forecast!!  The windchill factor was -28C which translates to -19F.  Either way you look at it - it is COLD.
Hogan and I hiked up the hill again today and I must say I wasn't suffering as much as two days ago however it is still a bit of a chore to reach the top!!  I just know that it will get better if I continue to do it - won't it?
Hogan and I headed back into Wickenburg to get John's packages and we also stopped and had my glasses straightened again.  We picked up some more bird seed while we were there and now the birds are set for another few weeks.  They certainly are little pigs!!
Once back at the bus, I was once again crawling under it with the new cable (I had just picked up) and getting a bit closer to having all the solar functioning as they should be.  As before, when I was done, I was covered with dirt and grime and in dire need of a shower.
While I was waiting for the water to heat, John and I sat in the chairs watching the antics of the hummingbirds.  They are so entertaining!!
With the sun setting, I took my shower then proceeded to get my arse kicked in Yahtzee.  Keith and Charlotte wandered over for a visit and we chatted about what sort of food we should prepare for the Super Bowl Party.  The jury is still out on that!!
We eventually sat around the table and started to teach them how to play kaiser and that was a lot of fun.  Charlotte had never really played cards before but remarkably, she caught on to the game rather quickly - she is NOT just a pretty face, you know!!  Charlotte and I won the game and were quite proud of this!!
They wandered back home after the game and it was grilled tuna steak for supper shortly there after.  It was good and although John prefers salmon, the tuna tasted awesome.
Charlotte and I have decided to hike at the Hassayampa River Preserve tomorrow so it was off to bed for me for some much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment