Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday, January, 9/2012

C'mon lets go for a walk!  This is his mean dog "OR ELSE"  pose!!

Sunset

Fire while we are BBQing

Moon coming up
Hogan was rather vocal about 3 o'clock this morning so I imagine there was some creatures out and about that were bothering him. I did get up to look but could not see anything of course despite the benefits of the full moon.  It really was quite bright out!!
This morning, the sun is shining, there is no wind and the birds are happily chirping at the feeder and seem to be enjoying their breakfast. Even the doves, who were not around yesterday, have returned today.  Life is good!!
Hogan and I took a hike up the hill and although I saw three big jack rabbits on the way up, Hogan did not so there was no frantic chase through the cholla  and I was spared the task of getting the thorns out of his paws.  We made it up the hill and back to the bus in good time and I realized just how out of shape I am so now we are going to have to do this daily until I start doing it without trying to cough up a lung!!
Back at the bus, John was up and ready for another ass kicking at Yahtzee - I am on a roll!!
Today I had the pleasure of crawling under the bus to measure for the length of the cable that is needed so that all the solar panels can finally be hooked up and used.  Yeah,  that is right - it is still not done.  This project is definitely on "John Time"!!!  The whole "under the bus thing" was really quite dirty and as a result, I had to throw out one of my tank tops as it was covered in something that looked like it wouldn't come out and I also managed to put a hole in it although I am not quite sure how I accomplished this!!  My hair was full of all sorts of debris and I required a shower just to get all the dirt off my face!!  This is sooo not girl work!!
The job was complete just in time for happy hour so we did have time to enjoy the sunset.  Keith and Charlotte had gone into town earlier and returned with a stack of pallets for the campfire.  We unloaded them and Keith said there were a few more so we returned to the spot for the rest of them.   We now have a few pallets to supplement the wood we find around here.
With a campfire blazing, John cooked our supper and we called it a night.  I was in bed early reading my book and John watched TV.  It was a good day - well except for the part of my having to throw away my tank top.  Looks like I will have to go shopping to replace it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment