Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tuesday, January 3/2012

There are a few clouds in the sky this morning and although he sun is shining, I do not think it will be a warm today as it has been the last few days.  That of course its not a bad thing.  It will be good to get a bit of a reprieve from the hot sun.
My forehead is definitely sore but I am quite convinced that I will live!!  My glasses, well not too sure about those but I am so glad that I have my old pair along with me.
Charlotte just wandered over with her sore thumb and wrist and although it is swollen and painful, she can still move her thumb and her wrist so I think it is mostly soft tissue injury.  I put a tensor on it and hopefully that makes it feel a bit better.  God, the two of us are like the walking wounded but we did have a good time yesterday and hopefully we can return to Box Canyon and just spend the day there enjoying the scenery.
I did not feel too terribly ambitious and did not feel like going into town to find an optometrist so decided to just relax and enjoy the day.  I spent it reading and then went outside to start mucking with the cholla that Keith and I had gathered a few days ago.  I started to sand some of it and clean the dead stuff out of the inside and think that it will actually work out well for what I have planned although the plans are in the very early stages and most definitely subject to change!! John had his pistola out target shooting and I must say he is getting pretty good at it! Those beer cans don't stand a chance!
We spent the evening watching Canada get their asses kicked by the Russians in the Junior Hockey game and although Canada finally got their act together in the third period, it was too little, too late and they ended up loosing to Russia by one goal.  Looks like they will have to settle for the Bronze medal (if they win their last game).
It was early to bed for me - I just may get into Wickenburg tomorrow but then again, maybe not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment