Friday, January 6, 2012

Wednesday, January 4/2012

These are my little birds - the ones that provide us with hours of entertainment



Looks like it is going to be a much nicer day today than yesterday.  There is not a cloud in the sky and already it is warm.  Darn - going to have to work on this sun tan again!!
I am supposed to go into town today and see if there is an optometrist around who just may be able to straighten my glasses (I am still mad about that!!)  I don't have much ambition today and just may not do anything!!
I made a macaroni salad for supper cause it truly looks like it is going to be too hot to cook.   We have one more package of deer sausage from home so will have that and salad.  Sounds good to me.
I truly was hot today, too hot to do anything but sit and relax and just enjoy life (if one calls getting one's ass kicked in yahtzee enjoyment!1).
Charlotte wandered over for a visit and she now has a wrist splint on her left arm.  Her and Keith went into town yesterday to the drug store to pick one up as the tensor was just not working all that well and she is getting more support from the splint and is able to use her hand a bit more.  Still hurts like crazy though!!
With all this hot weather, the bees have come out and are quite a nuisance around the feeders.  I have waged war with them with a spray bottle full of soapy water!!  It is me against a million and I don't think I am making a dent in their population however I am sure I have dampened the spirits of several of these pesky little creatures (not to mention their wings!!).  Maybe communication will get back to the hive to stay away from that psycho Canadian with the spray bottle!!
Happy Hour arrived and John and I sat with a view of the bird feeder and had our evening entertainment.  "The Bully" was back at the feeder and he was once again chasing the rest of the little finches away and starting fights.  We giggled and watched as he was soon out numbered and decided to "play nice".  John thinks that we are just a couple of "old farts" with no life since we get such a kick out of watching the birds!!  We set up the chairs so we had a good view, cracked a beer and commenced to watching!!
Eventually, with the sun going down and it getting chilly, we headed into the bus and caught up on some TV and ate supper.
We are headed into town tomorrow to attend Jana's (one of our Arizona friends) birthday party and were going to take the bus in and get all the tanks emptied but have decided to postpone that for another few days.  John is thinking of moving to a different spot - still here in this area but to a different spot.  Maybe we are running from the bees!!
Off to bed and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment