Sunday, January 1, 2012

Friday, December 30/2011

Sunrise this morning!

















I was up before the sun was this morning!!  Actually God must have decided that Marie did not need to sleep too much last night as I was awake A LOT!!  I guess it was just "one of those nights".  Oh well, I got to watch the sunrise this morning and what a beauty it was! The sun is shining now, there are tons of birds at the feeder all chirping and making happy sounds and it looks like it is going to be another awesome day.
At this rate, I will have a decent tan by the time I get back home.  I noticed on the weather reports from home that there has been snow and freezing rain making the roads hell to drive on.  Lots of accidents and now with the temperatures falling (-13C this morning) everyone now has to deal with the cold too. Last night many roads were "not recommended for travel" so I won't think about Jace being out there in his semi on those hellish roads.
I went into town today to pick up a few things for John so that he could continue to work on hooking up the solar panels.  I quickly got into my shorts and tank top, grabbed my book and a glass of water and settled down to do some tanning while I read.
Keith wandered over and said that Charlotte had gone shopping so he and I decided to go Cholla hunting as I really would like to have a bit of a solar powered lighted feature in the yard.  He wanted to get in a bit of a bike ride (he is into his riding like an addict!!) before going so I said come over when you are ready.
With the bike ride over, we headed off, leaving John busy with the wiring on the panel box and Hogan mad because we were not going to take him.  His poor paws would be loaded with cholla stickers as they are brutal.  Keith and I were covered with them by the time we were finished but we managed to get quite a variety of shapes and sizes. Surely one of them will do for a yard feature for me.
Back at camp, Charlotte had arrived home and John was still mucking with the wiring.  He is busy talking to himself and asking questions and after living with this man for so long, I know that he is not really asking me these questions and not really expecting an answer and that, is probably a very good thing!!
It was soon time to "sit in the back yard" and watch the setting sun.
John started a fire and we sat around it for and hour or so with Keith and Charlotte then headed into the bus for supper and to finish a game of Yahtzee we had stated earlier today.  Don't even ask who won!!

No comments:

Post a Comment