Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wednesday, January 25/2012




Oh it looks like it is going to be another nice day today.  The sun is up and shining and there is no wind.
I must head into town today to do the laundry as it is once again time for clean clothes and of course the bed linen and the throws on the chairs are always in need of cleaning.  I wonder where the upstairs maid is??
With the laundry loaded into the jeep, Hogan and I set off towards town.  We stopped at the bank (always a girl's best friend) then headed into the laundromat where thankfully, it was not busy.  In no time at all this nasty little chore was done and we proceeded to do a bit of shopping.
I wanted to find a couple of plastic wine glasses as I had enjoyed the wine that Keith and Charlotte brought to supper the other night that I bought some wine and now am looking for a proper glass to drink it from.  A regular glass is just too crass for this!!  Unfortunately, they need to be plastic because glass simply does not last in the bus. It wasn't until we finally stopped at the second hand store that I was able to find a couple of wine glasses!!  For 25 cents each, I splurged and got two!!
With a final stop at Safeway, Hogan and I headed home.  It was almost Happy Hour!!
John was busy "tinkering" again in the trailer so I decided to sit in the sun and just enjoy the rest of the day.
I put some bird seed out so that we could enjoy the joyful antics of the doves and the finches as the sun went down.  John eventually joined me and together we got a kick out of our birds.  There was even a different type of bird with the finches tonight and we think it was a white crowned sparrow.
I had the binoculars out as the jack rabbits were frolicking on the hill beside our camp and Hogan was not being very neighbourly!! I think they tease him knowing that he does not have a hope in hell of ever catching them!!
We moved into the trailer for the rest of the evening while John, once again cooked our baked potato.  Hogan was busy outside checking the perimeter, often returning to the trailer to lay on the mat and occasionally lifting his head to growl.  At one point, he bound off the trailer and headed into the dark carrying on something fierce.  I don't know what he was chasing but by the time he returned, he had managed to break off one of his nails and was bleeding pretty good.  His knee was also out and he was looking rather dishevelled.  It was a good thing that it was time for us to head into the bus.  The potato was done and the salmon needed to go on the bbq.
Once inside, we looked at the damage to Hogan's foot, found it to be survivable and sent him to his chair where he spent the remainder of the evening licking and cleaning.
I managed to get some nice pics of the sunset tonight and marvel how there are never two the same.  Supper was delicious, then it was a bit of TV and of course, some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment