Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saturday, February 26/2011

Woody Woodpecker

Collecting Firewood

Worker Bee

Erika's Beer Holder

Katie and Andrew

Erika

Katie and Marie

Erika and Cloud

Good Beer!

Marie, Katie and Erika

Dancing Queen

Alberta Couple

Two Man Band

Marie and Cloud

Bill don't spill !

Marie and Jana
It is cloudy today and is supposed to rain and by the looks of the sky, it definitely could.  When I was in town yesterday, one of the sales people said there was also a possibility of snow!!  WHAT!!  Although it does not happen very often here in Wickenburg, snow has graced the streets.  The last time the town folk saw snow was 8 years ago!!
I spoke with Jan through text this morning.  She is working and did mention that it was bloody cold there again today.  Good thing she works inside and not outside.  I can't imagine having to work outside at -49C although most job sites would probably be closed due to the extreme cold.
Laundry was on the agenda today, so I headed into town and found I was the first person to grace the laundromat.  I had my choice of washers!!  Oh yea, it is the simple things in life that makes one smile!!
With the laundry in the washers, I had 42 minutes to get downtown and do the bit of shopping that I needed to do.  As it turned out, I was back with 3 minutes to spare!!  Now how is that for timing!!  God I am good.  Everrett arrived in my absence.  I guess it was laundry day for him as well.  Jim had driven him in and once he saw me there, Jim was able to return to camp and I would give Everrett a ride home.  I worked out great for all of us.
Once back at camp, John was more than eager to challenge my skills at Yahtzee - yea, like I have any!!
With my daily ass kicking out of the way, it was time to gather fire wood.  Since we still had Ben's truck, off we went and came back with a truck load.  We definitely have enough wood for several
fires.
After a quick shower, it was time to return the truck.  We stopped at the apartment and took Ben to the Seven for a beer.  Since he was driving, he only had one then headed home with instructions to call him when we were ready to head back to camp and he would drive us home.  We told him we would but only if it wasn't too late.
Erika joined us at the bar - it was her night off.  After several cocktails, it was time for supper (prime rib on the menu) and by that time, it was just what we needed!!  It was awesome - I had forgotten just how good it was.
We closed out the Seven then headed across the street to La Cabana where a live band was playing.  It was raining like crazy out but I am so glad that we went to hear them.  They were amazing and did  an incredible job on several Santana and Eagle's songs.  There voices were awesome and man could they play.  One fellow was on keyboards and one fellow was on guitar.  That's right, there were only two guys in the band but one would never know it listening to their music.
John was a dancing fool again tonight - what else is new.
At one point during the evening, someone shouted "It's snowing" and the whole bar got up and stampeded out side with their cell phone camera for pictures of the snow!!  John and I and another couple were the only ones that did not get up and go outside!!  We found out later, that they were from Alberta!!  The snow "hysteria" continued for much of the remainder of the evening!!  These people were so damn excited to see snow in Wickenburg!!  Oh My God!!  I guess 8 years is a long time between snowfalls.
Once the band was done for the evening we headed over to Mecca for a final drink - Oh yea, we really needed more!!   We sat outside so that the smokers could smoke and I heard nothing but complaints about it being too cold!!  Yes, you could see your breath but it certainly was not cold by Canadian standards - hell, it was -49 back home!! Now THAT is cold!!
We caught a ride up to the Rancher Bar with Bill and Dena and called a cab from there.  Max was more than happy to take us home and all the way there, I prayed that he would be able to actually make it to the campsite and not be stopped in the washes.  As it turned out, he made it right to the bus although he would definitely need a car wash after this trip!!  There was still lots of snow here in the desert, actually more out here than in town.  Dena would have had a bird if she saw it as she was probably the one that was the most excited about seeing it.
With us safely back at the bus,  it was long past our bedtime!!  Hopefully the pics of tonight's adventures show well.

No comments:

Post a Comment