Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tuesday, February 22/2011

There is nothing but sunshine streaming through the windows again this morning.  The dog's water dish has ice on it again today but the birds are happier as I filled the feeder yesterday and are currently chowing down.  The doves are waiting below the feeder for the finches to drop seeds to them because they are too big to sit on the feeder.  A good thing, as I would be going through twice as much bird seed as I am.
I haven't heard from Ben since Friday, so I had better get an email off to him and if he doesn't respond then I will phone him.  Got to keep track of all my camping buddies you know!!
Well Ben did email me back and he is doing fine so I was quite pleased to hear from him.
Trueman stopped by and chatted over a cup of coffee.  He seems to have everything under control and although is returning to Minnesota for a funeral, is glad that he will be seeing the rest of his family.  It is a lousy reason for a family reunion but it is this way with so many families and it does not matter if that family is American or Canadian.
John worked on "Frank" again - now has the distributor in and is hoping it is lined up good enough to allow it to start.  Starting and actually running.... now isn't that a concept!!
I sanded a bit more on my saguaro rib walking stick then read a bit and waited for happy hour to arrive.  I had invited Ben for happy hour but he was a "no show" so I will have to give his some grief about that!!
There must have been a horseback ride and cook-out in the desert today as 26 horses and riders passed by the bus today.  What a great day for a ride.
The evening was quiet and uneventful - TV, supper and bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment