Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday, February 20/2011

Fire is Going!

Larry and Ariane Arriving

Could She Get Anymore Clothes On?

Funny Face

Bad Moon Rising
Woke up to rain - no surprise there.  It is -32C back home so I am happy to be here.  Have I mentioned that I sure don't miss the cold!!  I had a quick chat with Gayle back in Leoville yesterday and she says there is lots of snow.  It is hard to believe that in just a couple months we will be planting her garden!!  Now that is another thing I can look forward too.
My throat is still sore and as colds go, it is progressing nicely.  Good thing I brought an extra box of kleenex with me!!  Come on you gorgeous pot of green tea - do your magic!!
It is not looking good for the bbq steak tonight either!!
Larry and Ariane came for a visit.  She wanted me to accompany he to Trueman's mine so that we could ask him if he thought the rock she picked up the other day actually had gold in it.  It sure looks like gold to me and I would be thrilled for her (not to mention green with jealousy) if it was indeed gold.   Being that it had rained and the threat of more was still hanging in the air, off we go, down the not so dusty trail.  We did find the mine but no Trueman.  Al was there and he thought there was a good possibility the there was gold in the rock as well but said that Trueman would know for sure.  Once back at camp, Ariane phoned Trueman (I had his number) and asked him to stop by tomorrow on his way out to the mine and give us the official verdict.  I will keep my fingers crossed for her.!!
Being such a lousy day, we got out the cards and played kaiser for the remainder of the afternoon.  The sun is trying to shine and we have decided to have a campfire tonight.  Larry and Ariane will be leaving again tomorrow for parts unknown - Gila Bend actually, so have one last chance for a fire with them before they leave.  Whether we see them again before heading back to Saskatchewan, I don't know.
We got to have the bbq steak tonight and ate it while watching the first episode of the Amazing Race.  Once that was over, John started the fire and we waited for the Zerrs to arrive.  As you can see by the pics, it was a bit chilly out and John and Larry had to keep adding wood so that we could feel the heat!!  It reminded me a lot of Saskatchewan in the late fall (or, as we remember, last summer!!)  By the time we called it a day, there was frost on the pumpkin!!  Great day, great friends and of course, a great fire.  We even got to watch the moon rising from behind the hill and that topped off the night.  What more could one ask for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment