Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sunday, February 27/2011

Snow on our wood pile !

Snow table cloth !
It was cold in the bus and I got up during the night to start the heater.  I hate being cold and see no reason on earth why I should have to be when the heaters are so easy to start and are super efficient and provide enough heat to make it warm in here.  I quickly crawled back under the covers and dreamed of the warmth I would encounter when I got up in a couple of hours!!
I was up at 7am  and there was still snow outside so I quickly took a couple of pics for the blog.  One of the wood pile and another of the table tops.  The rain has taken care of much of the snow and once the sun shines, it will be gone in no time at all.  I wish we would have been out here to see the snow falling on the cactus.  Now would that not have been something to see and,  just imagine the pictures I could have taken.  Darn!!
As predicted, once the sun rose, the snow was quickly dispatched - now just a memory.  Who would have thought that just a bit of snow could put so many smiles,  on so many faces!!  It was actually quite incredible to watch  all the excitement.  Erika had to call her daughter to take a look outside to see the snow!!  I guess I can relate it to the first time John and I saw the saguaro cactus and I was so excited about them and took so many pictures that it was sick!!  We take so many things for granted in this day and age that we often forget what gifts are actually in our lives.  It is food for thought.
Since it is "the day after the night before", it was a quiet day.  O, should I say a recovery day!!
It remained cloudy all day but no more rain thank heavens as the ground was saturated and needed to start drying.  I spent most of the day reading - big  surprise there, and John was on the computer.  We lead such an exciting life.  Good thing The Academy Awards were on as this provided us with some much needed entertainment!!  Tomorrow, the sun is supposed to be shining once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment