Friday, February 25, 2011

Thursday, February 24/2011

It is warm in the bus this morning!!  That is definitely a good sign.  The birds are busy and I just may need the sun screen today!!  Sorry to all the folks back home who are laboring through the -35C weather (-45 with the windchill).
My throat feels like I have swallowed razor blades this morning!!  Wow!  It hurts to cough.  It hurts to swallow.  God - this sucks!!  Hopefully, both John and I are much better by the time Jace and Kim arrive although I see on Facebook that Kim is getting a cold!!  Tis the season!!  Get better Kim, before you have to do the wedding thing in Vegas!!  It is only about 10 more sleeps till we get to see them and pick up the Granddog!!  Coors will have a blast out here.  Perhaps him and Hogan will double team that pesky rabbit that has been taunting Hogan since we arrived!!
Casey was on skype today so I had a great chat with him.  We chatted about an hour and he seems quite pleased with his progress in school.  Please Lord, let this child's dreams come to fruition!!  It was great to talk to him. Life just does not seem to bother him and I envy that in him although a little more ambition wouldn't really hurt!!  He is so lay back.  He looked good though and said the tracker was running good - even in all this hateful, cold weather.  Not bad for not being plugged in!!  John swears by synthetic oil and said he would be fine, even in the cold weather.  I, of course, had my doubts and once again was proven wrong.  However, I feel it is my life's work to continue to doubt John and make his life just that much more interesting!!  What on earth would he do without me!!
There was a bit of a chilly breeze blowing today so I spent most of the day doing a little cleaning and reading - Oh I love to read!!  John worked on the jeep and I now have a list of things to pick up tomorrow in town when I go do laundry.
The day ended quietly, with me once again getting my ass kicked in yahtzee (why do I still play you wonder - I live with an indomitable spirit and a burning desire to win....one of these days!!), supper and TV and then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment