Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friday, February 25/2011

I woke early, started the hot water heater and the front heater then crawled back to bed for another hour.  I am headed into town today to shop and do laundry so I must shower and look pretty for the town folk!!
Up and at it and the bus is warm, the sun is shining through the windows and the coffee is perking.  I don't know when Ben is coming but I had better be ready when he gets here.
We got into town late so I opted not to do the laundry and just get the running around I had to do done.  Ben looked a bit tired today so I dropped him off at his apartment and went and did all my running.  Once that was done and I had managed to get all the parts and pieces John needed for "Frank", I returned to the apartment and since Ben had no plans for going out tonight, I took his truck back to camp.  This was so, I can get an early start on laundry tomorrow.
It was 5 o'clock by the time I got back to camp, an hour past "happy hour"!!  John was still busy on the jeep.  Once I unpacked the few things I had purchased (my new bracelet is lovely) it was time to sit on the patio and relax.  We ended up sitting around the "campfire in a can" inside the trailer as there was a nasty little breeze blowing.  That little fire pit certainly provides adequate heat inside the trailer and out of the wind.
As it was just getting dark, a young bull came wandering along the wash right by the campsite (there are several wandering in the BLM land) and of course Hogan (brave dog that he is) had to defend his territory.  He was barking wildly (in his "choked chicken" bark) obviously telling the bull to move along.  The bull stopped, put his head down and was pawing the ground with enough force to fling the sand and dirt across its own back.  It was a classic stand off with Hogan at least 50 feet away from the bull.  John and I were standing in the trailer watching the show.  The bull soon realized that this "city" dog was no threat (all talk and no action) and started eating vegetation like Hogan didn't even exist.  I am sure he hung around that much longer just to piss Hogan off even more!!  Another cow wandered in and that set Hogan off again -- Oh My God - they were multiplying!!  It was now two against one!!  They slowly moved on, leaving Hogan with the feeling that he had scared them off!!  "Yea, keep moving you dirty cows and don't come back".  Hogan came back to the trailer proud - he had protected his family from a fate worse than death - piles of cow shit in the campsite!!
We sat in the trailer until I was hungry enough to force myself to deal with supper and let me tell you - gourmet it was not!!  KD and hotdogs!!  John continues to be impressed daily by my culinary skills!!
Of course the evening couldn't possibly be complete unless I get beat at Yahtzee and once again I proved myself worthy of the beating!!  I couldn't roll a Yahtzee even if I paid the Yahtzee Gods!!  My day is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment