Sunday, February 13, 2011

Saturday, February 12/2011

r
Ben and his sidekick Grace
          

You want some of this?

This is how you drink Mexican beer!

Give me that! ( Grace and Hogan )

Stub (on right) and his band

Dena ( our favorite bar tender)

Bill ( Dena's better half)

Wayne ( member of the band )

Jeannie ( 93 year young drum player )

Stub and the boys
Nothing but sunshine again today.  Woo Hoo!!  We received an email  from Lone and Marilyn in Mexico yesterday and they seem to be having a good time and the weather has been good as well. They still have a few weeks to relax in the Mexican sunshine before heading back this way.
Today, I hope to get the table finished and of course read a bit.  Ben is coming for supper so I want to get the preparations for that out of the way so that we can just sit and relax when he arrives.  John wants to continue the work on the jeep, so he will be busy as well.  Hogan and I should gather a bit of wood so that we can have another campfire tonight.  It is shaping up to be a busy day - I better have another cup of coffee!!
I didn't quite get to the table today, instead kept my face buried in my latest novel!!  Oh well, tomorrow is another day and really, what else do I have to do?
Ben arrived and the two of us set out on a wood gathering errand and returned back to camp with enough for a couple of nights burning.  Happy hour was upon us and John was finished with the jeep for today so, we sat in the sunshine enjoying the close of the day.  John was the official cook for tonight's supper.  I had arranged for Ben to bring out a small birthday cake so that we could celebrate John's birthday (which is really tomorrow) tonight.  The dogs played tug-a-war  with what remained of a stuffed bear (currently unrecognizable!!).  Supper was great and then it was time for Ben to head back into town.  He had offered us the use of his truck for John's birthday tomorrow, so we dove Ben back to the apartment then stopped at the Bar 7 for a drink.  It was very quiet, with only six other people there.  We had a chat with the girls then headed to the Rancher.  Me, being the designated driver was content to sit and drink my "virgin" coke and water and listen to the music.  Stub and the band were up on stage performing and it was great (as usual).  He even sang me my song - Tumbling Tumble Weeds.  Now how much more perfect could that be?  On the drive home, I did manage to hit a rabbit and John called me a "bunny killer" all the way home.  Now don't you know that it was a baby and had its whole life to live and I heartlessly killed it!!  Not only that, it probably had 15 siblings that were going to miss it ..... shut up already - go to sleep !!!
Another good day, fun was had by all well, maybe not by the unfortunate dead rabbit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment