Sunday, February 6, 2011

Friday, February 4/2011

What a lovely day I have awakened to. I feel MUCH better today!! The sun is shining, the birds are singing - I think they are saying something along the lines of "are you going to feed us today, since you couldn't be bothered yesterday?"
Ben came by and we went over to Jim's campsite to help him get his jeep started. He is so nervous and I am sure his stress levels are high and I can see that he is definitely overwhelmed by the prospect of having to buy parts then drive to Camp Verde to get it repaired. Ben towed the jeep and John got behind the wheel so that they could pull start it then, drove it up to Ben's campsite where Jim will be staying for a while. Ben has made arrangements for repairs through a friend of his.
Ben and I then headed into town to see about Jim's parts and made the arrangement to get them brought to Wickenburg. The repairs are scheduled for Tuesday so I hope that Jim is able to get there.
Once we had all Jim's stuff taken care of, Ben needed to do some shopping for stuff he needed in the apartment. He has secured a place in Wickenburg for a few months and is excited about getting settled in. They will even allow Grace and she has her own fenced back yard!!
We were just on our way back to the campsite when we passed John coming into town for our Friday night supper and karaoke date. Apparently, Ben and I were taking too long in town so, he packed up the campsite and headed in hoping to meet us on the way. It worked out perfectly.
When I got back to the bus, John had left me a note saying that he had gone to find Lorne and Marilyn and that I had time to shower and then meet them at "7". Now, did he mean I was to meet them at 7 OR at the "7" restaurant. Well now!!
I got ready and just as I was heading out the door, the phone rang and of course it was the three losers wondering where I was - hell, they were already a couple of beer ahead of me!!
Once we had all joined up, we headed to the "Fireside". It is a bar/restaurant that had opened after we had left Wickenburg last year. We decided there would be no drinking and driving so into the taxi we went and started the evening's activities. We had reservations for supper at the Seven so only had time for a couple at the Fireside before we loaded back into a cab and supper. Marilyn was determined to have a game of shuffleboard and I must say the girls kicked the guys asses the first game scoring a 9 in one end to finish the game. Of course we lost the second game and left the third game for March, when Lorne and Marilyn return from Mexico.
Just as we were sitting at the table waiting for our supper to arrive, John hands me a jewelry box and in it I find one of my favorite pieces of silver jewelry. It was a "bear claw" bracelet and a pair of turquoise earrings!! I guess on his walk over to find Lorne and Marilyn, he got to thinking I might be a bit mad that he had not waited for me and decided to stop by one of the neatest little shops and pick me out a "peace offering"!! I like his way of thinking!! GEEZ, I never even thought about being mad but I sure wasn't going to give back the jewelry either!!
Once supper was over and done and the Seven about to close, it was time for Karaoke. Back into the cab and away we went. The Rancher was hopping and the music was entertaining to say the least. Of course we drank too much and John was a dancing fool. Lorne's feet were itching to get up on the dance floor but Marilyn was playing "hard to get" and eventually, caving to peer pressure. We had a blast and thank heavens closing time arrived because we were ready for bed!! Too much of a good thing is too much!! Back into the cab and finally back at the bus with plans to meet for brunch at 11am. I better take a gravol tablet and a couple of tylenol ... just in case!!

No comments:

Post a Comment