Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wednesday, February 23/2011

It is a bit chilly in the bus this morning and I see that there is ice on the dog water again today.  The birds are busy at the feeder.  I had put some bread crumbs on the ground yesterday and I see that they are still there this morning.  Picky little suckers, aren't  they!!  Of course, why eat bread crumbs when one can eat seeds!!
Jace gave us a quick text last night and asked if we were ready for his and Kim's visit next month.  I said we were and for them to hurry up and get down here!!
I can't believe that in just 8 weeks John and I will be back home in Canada!!  Where has the time gone?  This winter is simply flying by but, the best part is, we are missing all the miserable cold weather back home.  Tonight it is supposed to be -36 with the wind chill and at this stage of the game, that is just too damn cold for me!!  It is too damn cold for anyone!!
I heard some banging going on at the jeep and so I know John is working on it.  John has about as much energy as I do - battling this sore throat is nasty!!  Luckily, Ben came for a visit - finally!!  He has been busy in town but I gave him the gears anyway.  I told him that 5 days was too long to stay away.  He could not believe that it had been 5 days!!  Stupid Men!!
Grace had all sorts of pent up energy to burn off and her and Hogan never stopped running and playing for at least a half hour.  Her stupid little sawed off tail was just wagging - up and down of course!!  Never in my life have I ever seen a dog wag its tail up and down - always side to side!!  This just makes Grace more unique.
Ben and I have a date for Friday - laundry day.  With the kids coming soon, I had better get the laundry done up cause I sure don't want to take time out of their agenda to do laundry.  Kim wants to hike to Vulture Peak - sorry, I can't , have to do laundry!!  NOT!!
With Ben's departure, John resumed his pounding and I of course resumed my reading.  Happy hour arrived then it was time for supper.  Gourmet spaghetti and meatballs!!  I made some biscuits - threw some garlic into the mixture and had garlic biscuits to accompany the meal - nothing too good for us!!  John was not impressed with the biscuits and thought they did not replace the usual garlic toast.  So much for getting gourmet on him!!  The biscuits actually were great (minus the garlic).  They were light and fluffy and I would have no trouble making them again without the garlic.  They would be awesome with jam or marmalade on them.
The day ended with some yahtzee and a bit of TV. The birds were fed, the dogs had their run, we are fed and happy - what else could we possibly ask for?  


No comments:

Post a Comment