Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friday, February 11/2011


There is some beautiful sunshine streaming through the windows this morning and all seems well in my section of this vast desert.  It looks like a sun filled day is well on its way.
I quickly checked emails and Facebook to check on the folks back home then settled back to catch up on my reading.  That Kindle is the cat's meow when it comes to reading books.  It is so easy to order what you want to read and the price is very reasonable.  And, best of all, you are never without something to read!!
We had intended on going into town tonight but John has changed his mind.  He wants to get "Frank" done up so plans on working on him.  Me, I would be just as happy sitting here in the peace and quiet as opposed to fighting for elbow room in town.  With Gold Rush Days in full swing, there are people everywhere.  i have no fondness for large crowds.
After getting my ass kicked in Yahtzee, we headed outside - John to the jeep and me to the table.  I had picked up some brown paint yesterday when Ben lent us his truck so, was more than ready to tackle the two squirrels and the acorns.  I had to "google" acorns because I didn't know if the nut was darker than the cap or the other way around.  I found out that it can be either way!! Who would have thought that!!
It was hotter than hell outside and I had to get some suntan lotion on as I didn't want to burn.
John worked tirelessly on the jeep and when he finally came up for air it was 5:00 o'clock and we had missed happy hour by an hour!!
It was such a lovely evening that we started a fire and just as we got it going, Ben stopped by for a short visit.  He had been up visiting Everrett and Jim so stopped and let Grace and Hogan play for a while.  He seemed a little down - I think he misses being out here in the peace and quiet and I know that he will be back out here as soon as he can.  He has been working on his walking sticks lately and has several done and in stores waiting to be sold.  He really does do some beautiful wok.
I assembled the fancy new BBQ ealier today and John cooked shish kabobs on it tonight and it was awesome.  We invited Ben for supper tomorrow so will try steak on it.  Already, my mouth is watering!!
What a great day today (except for the ass kicking I took in Yahtzee)!!
Sun Goddess

Wood Goddess

Another Great Fire

Smiley Goddess

Just Chillin

I'm getting sleepy

No comments:

Post a Comment