Sunday, February 20, 2011

Saturday, February 19/2011

I awoke to gently falling rain this morning and although it was a comforting sound, my throat  remains sore.  Feels like I need to get some warm soothing tea across it's rather angry surface.  Tea always helps, doesn't it?                                                                                                              
It is cloudy today and the forecast calls for rain for the next couple of days.  Oh well, it is the life blood of the desert and is needed.  It mentioned the possibility of thunder and it has been a long time since I have heard that!!
It is steak night so come hell or high water, I am having bbq steak tonight - sore throat and all!!
I see that Jace made it home to Saskatoon, despite the lousy road conditions so I am pleased about that.  He was a bit upset once he got there as, once again, someone unplugged his truck (sitting in the company yard) and, with the weather being sooo cold, the poor thing starts rather roughly- as diesel engines do.  I think it is safe to say, he was not a happy camper!!  Well, 16 more sleeps and he will not have to worry about it.  Him and Kim and the Granddog will be here, in the warm weather!!  It will be nice to spend some time with them - I am not too excited though!!  When I first started the count down, I think it was almost 100 sleeps!!
The rain has continues all day with the occasional thunder and it is just miserable out!!  I spent most of the day reading and of course lets not forget the Yahtzee game.  I think I hate that game!!  If ever there was a reason for divorce!!
My throat stayed sore all day and although the hot toddies did provide a bit of soothing relief!!  Larry and Ariane came over after supper and we played kaiser with the end result being a tie.  She brought over the piece of gold she found and it certainly looks like gold.  Now where is Trueman when we need him!!  She had a couple of rock hounds look at it and they believed it to be gold as well.  Way to go Ariane!!  She also brought me a bracelet and a necklace that she had beaded.  They are both quite pretty.                                                                        
Oh, and by the way, I did not get my bbq steak tonight - John did not want to stand it the rain. I think the  love has gone out of our relationship!!  (I would have stood in the rain for him .... NOT).  Grilled Cheese it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment