Sunday, August 18, 2013

Thursday, August 15/2013

Today, I was up early and in the garden.   The beans are ready to go again and I managed to pick, tip, clean, blanch and bag them before it got too terribly hot out.
I then headed over to the laundromat and did a few loads before stopping at the store for a few supplies and was finally able to get back to the bus and into the coolness of the mancave before I had heatstroke!!
Man, it is hotter than hell outside and there will be no working on the roof of the camper until the heat of the day has eased.
John was actually up there mucking around and it wasn't until he was up there the second time that he finally realized it was just too hot to work and joined me in the man cave.
We were eventually able to get two of the solar panels secured to the roof and now all they need is to have some lap sealant over the screws and they are done and ready for hook up.  I will do that when we get the plywood over the air conditioner hole as that will have to be sealed as well.  It is a good thing there is no rain in the forecast!!
A/C off and 2 solar panels installed
I got a call from the home tonight and one of the RNs working tonight wanted to trade a shift so I guess I am working her shift on Saturday night.   So much for my seven days off in a row!!  Oh well,  she will work my Monday night so that works out too.
John started a fire again tonight and we sat around it for a while before once again heading to bed.  Life is pretty darn tough around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment