Sunday, August 18, 2013

Friday, August 16/2013

Another hot day is in store for us and it is just too nasty to do anything until the heat has eased.  I can not believe we have not had any nasty ass storms as a result of all this hot weather.
One of the girls from the home called and asked if I would take her "call" for tonight and since I wasn't doing anything special, I agreed so I might just as well get paid for sitting here doing nothing!!
There was a football game on today and we sat in the man cave watching it in the wonderful coolness.  Man, that place must be well insulated as it is so very cool in there.  What a blessing on these brutally hot days.
We finally got the hole where the air conditioner sat covered and I was able to get most of the silicone sealant around the edge.  Unfortunately I did run out of silicone so now will have to make a quick trip into Spiritwood tomorrow for more.  There is also some rubberized roofing that has to be painted on so that is tomorrow's job as well.  We can't have any water leaks so this is an important part of this whole project.
Once that was done, we sat around the campfire while John cooked our supper.
It has cooled off wonderfully well and it was actually quite pleasant out.  Even the mosquitos were enjoying it!!   Thank Heavens we brought enough bug spray back from the States!!

No comments:

Post a Comment