Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunday, August 18/2013

So much for a quiet night!!!  It started off with a very busy evening, slowed down during the night time hours and ended with very busy morning.  Man, am I glad that one is over!!
I truly am tired and I made my way to the bed soon after getting home.  I did not wake up until 2:00 o'clock in the afternoon.
I have beans and peas that need to be picked in Gale's garden so that is where I headed once I was awake and into gear.
There are rain clouds hanging around from last night where they dropped a ton of rain on us so hopefully I can get the garden stuff done before they decide to open up again!!
Hogan and I headed over there and just as we arrived it poured.  We sat in the truck until it was over and I decided to hell with picking the beans and peas, I am going to pull the plants, throw them into the back of the truck and then pick the fruit off them while I sit in my lawn chair under the awning!!
I saw Shirley on the way home so invited her to come and help me since she was going to be getting all the beans and peas anyway.  She agreed to help and we spent the next hour and a half picking the peas and beans off the vines then Shirley shelled the peas and I tipped all the beans.
Once that was done, Shirley headed home to deal with the vegetables and I went into the man cave to watch the football game.
After the game, John started a fire and we sat around enjoying it while supper cooked.
All in all, it was a pretty good day.  I got lots done and tomorrow, there is more to do on the camper.  For tonight, it is time to call it a day and head to bed.
Marie and Shirley picking peas and beans

Our fire tonight

Crazy clouds building

No comments:

Post a Comment