Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Friday, August 2/2013

It was a good night shift and I am now back at the bus.  I have a few things to do before John and I head down to visit with the kids.
First things first though.....time for me to hit the sheets!!
We headed down to the kids after I woke up and found the camp abandoned.  Not a single sole was around.  All the dogs were inside the campers and there was a note inside ours saying that they were at the lake fishing so John and I got on the quad and headed down to the lake where there were no kids to be found.  Roxy and Hogan followed us and John and I decided to sit and enjoy a beer lakeside while we threw sticks into the water for the two dogs to retrieve.  We sat for a while just enjoying the scenery and watching the fish jump.  Wow, some of those crazy things were jumping right out of the water to catch insects.
The kids eventually returned home with all sorts of tales of their adventurous day on the water.  They had been at Heart Lake.  Of course they did not have any fish with them but it sounds like they all had a good time.
We sat around the fire until late then John and I headed up the hill once more and home.  I am scheduled to work again tomorrow morning and the kids and John are planning on doing the Rodeo Quad Rally tomorrow while I am at work.  Nice for them but not so nice for me!!
Oh well, that is the way it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment