Sunday, August 25, 2013

Saturday, August 24/2013

Wow, we had the most awesome thunder and lightning storm during the night.  It was something to see.  The night sky lit up more times than I could count.  The thunder was so loud and was often right on top of the lightning so I know it was pretty close.  The power flickered a few times but didn't really go out so we were lucky in that respect.
At one point, one of the residents wanted to get up and watch the fireworks!!  Sorry bud, it is thunder!!
All in all, it was a good night  but I was glad to see the end of it.  I am not scheduled for another shift until after we come back from our BC trip to the Shuswaps and the houseboat.
It is a beautiful morning after last night's thunder storm and since the sun is presently shining, I hope that it is not too hot when I wake up.  I will keep all the blinds down and the curtains pulled just in case!!
I have to head to bed quickly as there are two football games on today and the Riders play at 2:00 o'clock.  I will probably miss most of the first one but I can live with that.  I can't miss the Rider game though.
I was up at 1:00 o'clock and able to catch the last half of the first game.  I got four hours sleep but that too is okay as I can go to bed anytime since I am totally on my own again today.  Life is Good!!
With the coffee on, I settled into my chair and turned on the TV.  Wow, a few games of football and I will be good to go!!
The riders won their game but it was certainly not all that pretty.  Thank heavens for good receivers and an awesome running back.   At half time, I scooted over to the garage to fill one of the propane bottles just in case I wanted to bbq again tonight.   So far, I really have no inclination to do that.   I also stopped at the store to pick up a bottle of Liquid Plumber as the bathroom sink is still sluggish after the bottle of Draino I poured down there yesterday.  It just didn't do the trick.
Once the game was over, I decided that I should get into the garden, pick the cucumbers and make fridge pickles for the houseboat trip that we are scheduled to take the first week in September.  They can be kept for a month so will be still good for the trip.
With that in mind, I did exactly that and now have two large gallon jugs made up and ready.  I need to make some pickled eggs as well for the trip.  They always go well with beer and drunks!!
I managed to watch a movie while doing the pickles, then had a sandwich for supper and headed to bed where I watched another movie.  Life is good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment