Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Monday, July 29/2013

I am up early and dragging my tail a bit.  I am so glad the weekend is over.  Now I can spend a few days with the kids and enjoy myself.  Woo Hoo!!
I started getting the rest of my list done up and got what the kids needed and headed down to the campsite.  On their list was 16 bags of ice so once that was loaded into the truck, I quickly was on my way.
I got there and unloaded the ice and the rest of the stuff then headed back to the bus.  I wasn't sure if we would be back in time for their ride so said to go without us if we had not arrived in time.
Back at the bus, we loaded my quad into the truck (John had taken his down yesterday) along with the last of the stuff on my list and we headed back to the camping spot.
When we arrived, the kids were gone.  We unloaded my quad, got all the stuff put away and decide to see if we could catch up to the kids.
Jace had said something about heading over to Whiskey Jump so John and I too headed that way.  It wasn't too long before we found their tracks and eventually caught up to them at the Timberlost outfitter's cabin.
Kimmy was impressed that we had found them in the middle of the bush and said "Holy Mantracker"!!
She was quite impressed but it wasn't too hard to track them considering some of the guys have huge lugs on their tires and they were clearly visible in the muddy spots of the trail.
We travelled with them for the rest of the day trying out a trail we have not taken for years.  It required a bit of bushwacking as it had grown in pretty badly and in some spots was almost impossible to find.
At one point we actually had to get off the quads and walk around until we could find the trail again.  Kimmy went for a pee and was the lucky one to actually find it so she thought she was a pretty smarty ass trail finder!!
All in all, it was a great ride and we were soon back at the bus and sitting around the fire.  My arms were toast and I was glad be back at camp.   The kids had some fire cracker things that they decided to blast off and ended up scaring the shit out of the dogs.  Roxy took off and didn't come home for a while.  Hogan sat in the camper shaking like a leaf and the other  dogs were too impressed either.  I am thinking that that was not such a good idea!!
Tomorrow, we are going to be doing a long ride so I will surely need by beauty rest!!  With that thought in mind, I headed for bed going to sleep listening to the chit chat around the fire.  They really are good kids despite the fact that they do some pretty stupid things!!  Good thing I love them all!!
We caught up to the kids at Timberlost Outfitters



Timberlost Hunting Cabin

Love the sign!!

Taking a trail we hadn't been on in a while

Posing on pallets - Jace and Kimmy

Casey

Chris - often sitting on the end of his quad!!

Brit and Tyson

McRobb Lake



Hooker Lake


Up on the tower


Deer Lake



Kimmy


Jace and Kimmy

A great end to a day of quadding.

No comments:

Post a Comment