Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Friday, August 9/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be a great day.  I want to get the vegetables picked and dealt with before it gets too hot so I was over at Gale's early.
She had picked a few beans the day before but I was able to get a huge bag full and then a few peas.  She said the grandchildren were enjoying them so I decide to not pick too many and leave them for the kids.  I was getting tired of picking by this time anyway!!
When I got back to the bus, I was silly enough to look at my two rows of beans and the row of peas and decide that they too needed to be picked.   I should never have looked!!   LOL
I was finally finished at 6:00 p.m.  and just in time for the football game!!  I cleaned, blanched and bagged everything and now have lots of stuff to share with the neighbours as well as two huge bags ready to go over to the home tomorrow so that the residents can have a feed of fresh beans.
My hands are aching from tipping all the beans but now as I see the bags full and ready for the freezer, well, it is quite satisfying to look at.
Time now to sit and watch football then head in for supper and bed.  Work is once again on the agenda for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment