Monday, August 19, 2013

Saturday, August 17/2013

I am up early and ready to greet the day.  I have a bit of running to do today so will grab a quick cup of coffee, load up the cans into the back of the truck and head into Spiritwood for the supplies I need to finish off my jobs on the roof of the camper.
Hogan has heard me jingling the truck keys so he is already sitting by the truck door waiting to get in.  No way, will I be leaving without him!!
We are soon in the truck heading to town and the first stop once we got there was to Sarcan to recycle the cans.  They were closed!!!  WHAT---closed on a Saturday???  I guess I am not recycling cans today.
I got  busy and made all the necessary stops and got darn near everything I went into town for so Hogan and I were soon on our way back to Leoville.
There is a double header football game on today and one of them features the Riders playing so I will have to have all the caulking done before that, plus, I have to work tonight!!  There truly is no rest for the wicked!!
With the heat of the day upon us, we headed into the man cave to watch the game in the coolness.  Gary came over to watch it with us and it turned out to be a rather nasty game to watch.  It was a battle right from the start but the Riders managed to pull off a win.  It wasn't pretty and it took the last play of the game to secure the win but at least we won!!
With the end of the game came the time for me to quickly climb up on the roof of the camper and get the rest of the caulking done.   It had been too hot earlier.   Once that was finished, I then had to get ready for work.  The other football game on in an hour so I wanted to be dressed and ready to watch some of it before heading over to the home for my night shift.
Dave dropped by for a quick visit.  His back is still sore but starting to feel a bit better.  He still has a pretty good limp though.  I think he has a ways to go before it actually gets better.
Before I knew it, it was time to head over to the home so,  off I went,  hoping for a quiet night.......

No comments:

Post a Comment