Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday, August 25/2013

I am up early and the sun is shining meaning that it will probably be another awesome day today.  I have lots to do on my list so am ready to start once I get some coffee into me.
I started with the bathroom and decided to tackle the soap scum in the shower.  Now wouldn't it be nice if someone invented a soap and a shampoo that left no residue?
With that done, I tackled the sluggish bathroom sink. I boiled a pot of water hoping that pouring it down the drain would help and although it did a little, not good enough to please me!!
I then cleaned out from under the sink and unscrewed the trap and gave it a good cleaning along with the downspout.  Here is where I found the "issue"!!  It was probably a combination of hair, soap, whiskers and God only knows what else.  I had to sacrifice my bottle cleaning brush but I got all that nasty shit out of there and now I have a drain that runs free and clear.  Just call me Madam Plumber!!
With that behind me, I finished cleaning the bathroom including the grout between the ceramic tiles and am now headed to the living room where the dust bunnies are collecting on the shelves.  Soon, the whole place was spic and span and I could relax.
There is some outside stuff that needs to be done yet but that will have to wait until the heat of the day eases.  I have no desire to get heat stroke!!
The weeds along the garden fence have now been given a good dose of Roundup so they will be gone for good in a week or two and it will look much nicer around there.
I have gathered all the rugs from the floor and have them in a bag waiting to go over to the laundromat tomorrow.
With all my inside jobs done, I settled into the evening to watch a movie on the TV, barbeque some supper and eventually head to bed.    Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment