Saturday, August 24, 2013

Monday, August 19/2013

It was a bit dreary outside this morning so I had to wait a bit to see what was going to happen with the weather before I climbed onto the roof of the camper to put the rubberized coating onto the plywood  John used to cover the air conditioner hole.  Soon, the sun came out and the clouds gave way to sunshine.
I got one good coat on so now will have to wait until that dries before putting a second coat on.
I have to clean the inside of the camper as John is planning on taking it to Saskatoon on Thursday to buy the batteries we need for the solar panels and will watch Kimmy race on the weekend.  I am scheduled to work so him and Hogan will be going with out me!!  WHAT!!!
The camper cleanup went well and now it is ready for the weekend.  Man, I can't believe how dirty it was from camping out of it that one week!!  Now that it is clean, I can restock and it will be ready to go tomorrow.
Gale came over today and we raided Romeo's (our neighbour) flower beds around his house.  He is planning on doing some work on the outside so that he no longer has water issues in his basement and all the flowers were slated for distruction.  He offered them to me a while ago and since I have no place to put them at the moment, I offered them to Gale.  She loves flowers and was more than happy to take them so,  today was the day.
Once we had all of them in the wheelbarrow, we loaded them into the truck and took them over to Gale's where she loaded them into pails, watered them and started to figure out where she was going to plant them.
While there, I managed to weed about 4 rows of vegetables in the garden while she was dealing with the flowers.  Man, for weeds!!
Once I got back home, I put the second coat of rubberized roofing on the camper and John started mucking with the storage pod.  The top of it will serve as an ideal place for the third and final solar panel to sit, while the batteries will be inside it along with whatever wires and controllers that are needed.
We sat in the man cave, watched the news and were joined by Dave and Shirley who had just returned from a trip down the north road.  They said they saw a black wolf crossing the road in front of them but he was gone by the time they were able to get the camera out and ready.  Shirley also said she saw the back end of what looked like a bobcat so they had an eventful trip.  Too bad about not getting any pictures though!!
I threw a lasagna into the oven tonight for supper then John and I spent a quiet evening watching TV.  He was playing that silly Candy Crush game on the computer while watching and I heard a few swear words coming from his mouth!!  My goodness, I think he is addicted!!
It was soon time for me to head to bed.  I have another busy day ahead of me tomorrow so I will get my beauty rest and be raring to go in the morning!!    Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment