Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wednesday, July 24/2013

It is a bit dreary outside this morning and rain is once again threatening to fall.  Wow, enough already with the rain!!
I have to get more stuff packed into the camper today and then John will have to help me get that fifth wheel hitch out of there.  It was in the truck when we bought it and we ended up bringing it home with us from Arizona.  One never knows when one will need a hitch like this so we will keep it until someone gets tired of moving the damn thing around.  Then it can be sold!!
With the hitch out of the camper, I was able to move around inside much easier.  I got the bed made and the pillows inside.  Now, at least we can sleep in there.
I also added a few canned goods and other, everyday stuff that we will be needing.  It is a good thing I have been making a list because it sure helps.  Everytime I thought of something, I added it to the list so hopefully I will not find myself out in the forest without a can opener!!
With the camper almost ready, John decided to build the other gate today.  With rain threatening, we moved the work area under the awning and started.  Before too long the gate that will be called "Sheldon's Gate" was built and ready for the hinges.  Sheldon is the fellow we get to rototill the garden every Spring and Fall.  We had to make it wide enough for him to get his tractor and tiller through so that is why it will be called Sheldon's gate.
There was only one "incident" while we were building today and that occurred while John was using the Skil saw to cut the 4x4 posts down to size.  I was supposed to be watching the cord and I was doing a good job of that up until the time it got too close to the blade and once again, was cut in half!!  Shit, Oh Dear!!  Needless to say, John was not impressed and he said to me "I give you one "effin" job to do and you can't even do that.  How hard can it be to watch the damn cord?"     Well, I said, "obviously too hard" and I try to hide the grin on my face.  This is just too much de ja vous for me.  Why,  didn't this exact same thing happen a few weeks ago?  LOL    With the most disgusted look on his face, John sits in the chair and begins the repairs saying something along the lines of "this cord is going to weigh three pounds more that it should".   Not likely but I did ask him if I was rather "trying" to work with some days and he just shook his head!!  I must say, it is certainly a gong show around here some days!!   Never a dull moment, that is for sure!!
With today's jobs done, John builds a fire and we sat around it again tonight enjoying the evening and a few refreshments.
It is soon time to think of supper and I think it is time to deal with a few leftovers.  With supper done, I jumped into the shower and then into bed.  I am tired tonight.  Hell, I worked hard again today!!
Tomorrow I am going into Spiritwood to do a bit of shopping for the weekend and John has asked me to pick up a few electrical items for him like breakers and sockets and stuff.  Could it mean that we are to be doing a few more renos......Oh, I can hardly wait to see what another project will bring.  Could there be another gong show in my future.......Shit, Oh Dear!!        Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment