Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sunday, June 30/2013

What a beautiful morning.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  Man, all God's creatures love an awesome day.
I hope it will not be too sweltering hot at the home today as there is no central air conditioning there.  It is hot for the Residents and the staff.
It was an awesome day at the home today.  The heat was not too terribly bad although I seem to suffer no matter what!!  One has to just embrace the many"hot flashes" and carry on!!
When I arrived home I found the door closed and both John and Hogan gone.  Nice greeting after a long day "at the office"!!
I suspected they had gone to the lake to see the kids and perhaps pick up Casey's quad.  
I pulled out the computer and logged on to face book and immediately got a message from Erika (a dear friend in Wickenburg Az).  She said that the town of Yarnell was on fire and that 19 firefighters had lost their lives battling the blaze.  It was shocking to hear such awful news and my heart immediately went out to the families.  The fire was burning out of control and half the town had already been burnt to the ground.  John and I have been to Yarnell several times and it was a quaint, little old town sitting on top of "the hill" full of history and ambience.  Such a tragedy.....and they say there is nothing in "the desert" to burn.  Hopefully they get it under control and save some of the town.
John and Hogan arrived back with Casey's quad in the back of the truck.   Apparently it now has a broken tie rod.
I was already in bed when they arrived home and stayed there.  I was tired and fell asleep shortly there after.

No comments:

Post a Comment