Saturday, July 6, 2013

Friday, June 28/2013

I awoke to awesome sunshine.  It is going to be a totally sunny day.  There is a bit of a breeze blowing as I can see the big poplar trees across the street moving and can hear their leaves rustling.
I headed into Spiritwood today to get the rest of the fence boards.  Hogan and I passed so many campers, quads and boats on the way into town that I fear there will be no room in any campground by the end of the day.  But, I guess that is what the long weekend is all about and after darn near 2 straight weeks of rain, it is time to get out into the sunshine.
With the boards in the back of the truck, Hogan and I headed back to Leoville.
It is hot out today and there will be no fence building until a bit later in the day.  I certainly do not want to suffer a stroke because of the heat......that, would never do!!
Well, we worked like seasoned carpenters today and now all the wood part of the fence is done.  Both sides and the front and it looks awesome.  Man, we truly are talented and despite the fact that I only threatened to kill John five times,  we did good!!  And yes, he still lives but we have to get through the wire part of the fence so who knows what could befall him!!
We were supposed to be going to the lake tonight to spend some time with the kids but by the time we got finished with the fence I was tired and just wanted to sit and have a cold beer by the fire.  That is exactly what we did.  The kids will have to party without us.
We did got a text from the kids though.  They are in need of some repair material and a few groceries so it looks like I will be headed to the lake in the morning.
It was a most wonderful evening and we were blessed with an awesome display of Northern Lights.  I so wished Kay (our Arizona neighbour and my "sister from a different mister") had been here to see them.  She has only seen them once and would love to see them again.
John cooked the most awesome steak tonight (my reward for all the spectacular fence building!!) and then it was soon time for me to call it a day.  I have stuff to do tomorrow and it is the start of the Canadian Football League season.  Our Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing tomorrow so I have to be back from the lake in time for kickoff.   Good Night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment