Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wednesday, July 3/2013

I am up early and a bit tired but I only have myself to blame for that.  I should have never turned on the damn TV last night.
With the ultrasound over we started our shopping.  John was never a shopper and so became my chauffeur.  He was even a pain in the ass doing that job.  There is a reason I do not take him shopping with me when I go.  Finally, the torture was over and we could head back to the farm where we were due to go for Chinese food.  There is an awesome restaurant just down the highway from the farm and we like to go at least once while we are in the area.
Kimmy decided to join us and she drove Gloria and I to the restaurant while Bernie and John took Bernie's "old bomb".  He needed gas and lottery tickets so needed to take his truck.
Jace and Kim have a snowmobile sled deck in the box of their truck.  They haul the two quads on it and the damn thing sticks out from the truck.  Lord only knows it is certainly big enough to see and avoid BUT........ I was concentrating on the uneven ground and trying to get used to these new glasses I had just picked up earlier in the day and did not see the end sticking out.  I walked right into the edge of the damn thing and I am sure I gave myself a head injury.   Shit, Shit and double Shit.  That hurt and I immediately had a bump on my head the size of a golf ball.  Shit Oh Dear.....Kimmy seen the whole thing and mentioned that she too had the same experience.  That didn't make me feel any better and had Jace been close by, I am sure I would have mentioned what a bloody danger that deck was.
By the time we got to Dundurn, the swelling was easing off but that spot still hurt like hell.  I mentioned to Kimmy that she should probably call me in the morning to see if I actually woke up and didn't have a concussion!!
As always, the food was delicious.  Kimmy was to meet Jace back in the city and had instructions to bring some chinese food in to him as he was making a quick stop, loading up and heading back out.  He wanted to get a start on his trip to British Columbia.
Back at the farm, we once again sat on the deck enjoying the birds and watching all their antics.  There is never a lack of things to see while sitting on the deck.  Tonight, the little hummingbird was busy at the feeder.  Bernie thought they had left as he had not seen them in a while.  The goldfinches and the tree swallows all came for a visit.  What a relaxing way to end a day.
We called it an early night and I headed to bed....no TV tonight.   Tomorrow we are heading home and I will be driving the truck and camper back to Leoville.  Another busy day on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment