Monday, July 15, 2013

Saturday, July 13/2013

I had a good night shift and am now headed to bed.  John and I are going over to the lake today to spend some time with his cousins.  It should be fun and I am looking forward to it.  First things first though....time for me to get some shut eye.
I woke up at 2:00 o'clock and get things ready for the lake.  I made bush pie filling the other day to take so I must remember to actually take it!!  I had text Edward earlier to see if they needed anything and was told ice and bread.
Once we had all "the stuff" gathered, the truck gassed up and Hogan in the back, we headed over.  John decided to take the back way over to the lake as it was Saturday and the traffic on the highway would probably be nasty.
It didn't matter to me which way we went, as long as we went!!  This way,  we could both check out the condition of the North Grid.  It had some nasty soft spots in it a while back from all the bloody rain so hopefully,  they have been repaired.
As it turned out, there were still plenty of soft spots but we made it to Clearwater in good time.
We spent an enjoyable evening with Deb, Ed, Kristie, Barrie and their two kids Brooke and Tanton.
Hogan got to swim to his heart's content and the kids were busy being kids!!
The bush pie makings came out and before too long we were all chowing down on them.  Brooke absolutely loved them and it reminded me of when her Mom was a little girl as she too loved them.  Kristie said that was one of her favourite memories about coming to the lake......eating Auntie M's bush pies!!  I had even forgot that she called me that!!  We shared lots of memories tonight and sometimes it is nothing but a pleasure remembering times gone by.  We did make a resolution to get together at least once a year.  That would be so nice so hopefully we are able to do just that.
It was soon time to pack up and head for home as once again......I have to work in the morning!!
Edward has been trying to catch fish in Clearwater and has been unsuccessful so I advised him to go a few miles down the road to Shell Lake.  He will definitely catch some northern pike there and hopefully have a fish fry tomorrow night.  I would hate to see that they each spent $60.00 on a fishing license and not catch any fish!!  That would be a total bummer.
We took the back roads home again and were soon at the bus.  Soon after this, I was in bed as the alarm is set of 6:00 A.M.   Now that sucks!!  Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment