Sunday, July 7, 2013

Thursday, July 4/2013

We were out of the farm yard by 1:00 in the afternoon.  Hopefully we will be able to pick up the truck and be in Leoville by 4 o'clock.  With that thought in mind, we roll into Martinsville and stopped to get the truck and camper.  As I climbed into the truck for the drive to Leoville, the last thing John said was "Don't shut the truck off when you stop to get the permit".
Apparently the battery was dead and it needed a boost to get it started.  The clock in the camper had drained the battery over the last 6 weeks that it had been sitting there.
When I arrived at the insurance agency for the permit I put the damn thing in park and automatically turned the key off.   Shit, Shit and double Shit!!  What part of don't shut the truck off didn't I understand!!  Of course I parked nose in so that really helped too!!  I should have stayed parked on the street and I shouldn't have shut the damn engine off but....what is done is done.
There was an auto repair centre right next door so how bad could it be.  Surely they can give me a boost.
Needless to say John was not impressed with me!!
While I went in to get the permit, he went next door and asked for a boost and was informed by the fine folks at the repair shop that they did not provide boosts for vehicles and that John would have to buy a battery.  Of course that was not what we had in mind but oh well, there wasn't much we could do about it so agreed to buy the new battery.  While in the process, of buying the battery, John asked if he could borrow a 1/2 inch wrench to use to get the old battery out and the new on in.  He was informed by these same fine folks that they did not lend tools out.  At that remark, John told him to stick the 150.00 dollar battery up his ass and left the building.  Man, I can not image a business that is run in such a care less manner.
Ask me what kind of a mood John was in after this little encounter!!!!  While I was getting the permit, one of the girls behind the counter offered to give me a boost and I of course declined as John had just gone next door to buy the new battery.  Well, we all know how that scenario ended!!
We then went back to Blair's shop (where the truck had been safetied) and got another battery and his booster cables.  As it turned out, the battery Blair gave us did not have enough juice to boost from and I ended up going back into the insurance company and asking for the previously offered boost.
As it turned out, her little car didn't have enough power to turn the truck over and she went back into the office to get her boss who had a truck and we were finally able to get the truck up and running.
It was now 4:00 in the afternoon and I had planned on being back in Leoville by this time.  Oh the best laid plans.......
Once we finally got back on the road, I had to stop at the gas station for gas and I had John in my head saying  DO NOT SHUT OFF THE TRUCK!!
With the truck full of gas,  we were finally headed home and actually arrived there around 6:00 o'clock.  Home at last.
I have to work in the morning and wanted only just sit and relax.  John started a fire and we sat around it until it was time for supper.  Then it was into bed for me as I am scheduled to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment