Monday, July 8, 2013

Saturday, July 6/2013

So much for the nice day.  The clouds are grey and heavy with rain.  Now isn't that just lovely!!  It looks like the quad ride will have to be put on hold for today.  While I was updating the blog and creeping the facebook page of all "the children" it started to rain and man, did it pour.  Wow, I am so glad we are not out on the trails in this stuff!!
Like so many of our rain storms, this one stopped and started several times.  I was able to get out into the garden and use some Miracle Grow fertilizer on the tomato and cucumber plants so I hope they get a bit of a boost.  It has rained so much since I planted the garden that it is in dire need of some warm days and sunshine.  The few days that the sun did shine certainly helped so I though a bit of fertilizer might help a bit more.  Time will tell.
It rained off and on all day but did ease by the evening so John started another campfire and we sat around it having a few cool ones and waiting for supper to cook on the BBQ.
 Dave and Shirley wandered over for a while and we sat and chatted with them.  Gary wandered over as well.
Once everyone left, it was time to throw the steaks on and eat.  I have to work in the morning so I couldn't get too crazy tonight!!  It is the old grey mare thing again...........

No comments:

Post a Comment